As my regular reader will know, Tuesday night is pasta night. I just open the fridge and concoct something from its contents. For people who don’t have time to cook, here’s a 15-20 minute supper.
Bear in mind I have an ceramic hob, so you can skip the “put the rings on” bit if you’ve got gas.
- Switch on the big ring, put a deep frying pan on it, add a slug of olive oil
- Switch on the medium ring, put some cold water and salt in a pan, set it on the ring
- Slice up a big leek and put it in the pan with the oil.
- Weigh out the pasta (if you do such things – we do, because carbs/diabetes)
- Slice up some mushrooms, and add to the leeks
- Notice pasta water is boiling – add pasta, set timer for ten minutes (this is dried pasta – your pasta may vary)
- Remember you haven’t put any garlic in, so quickly peel and chop two cloves and throw them in with the vegetables
- Put a colander in the sink for drainage purposes
- Grate black pepper into the veg
- Open the fridge for some lemon juice, find a bottle of white wine open, and add some of that instead. Too much, so turn up the heat to boil it down a bit
- Remove block of feta from fridge and cut up about one third of it
- When timer goes, drain pasta then add it to vegetables, together with the feta.
- Stir it all together, decant into bowls, scoff.